Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Name

The first time I sold a pair of HypnoEars was in April 2009. A client took an interest and requested a pair the same colors as the ones that I had in my ear. I had no idea of how much to charge, so I gave her a price and asked her to give me a week. One week later, I delivered my first pair of earrings....but still no name for them.

After that first pair sold, my co-workers began putting in their orders as well. So I created an excel spreadsheet to keep up with the orders. Before I decided to create business cards, I needed a name. So I surveyed friends, family, and clients. Some names were AfroSonic, Earrings by Olivia, Oliviyarn..and others that I can't remember.

One day my husband I were on our way to an Atlanta Dream basketball game. My husband looked at me while I was working on a new design and he said..."Those earrings hypnotize...". I screamed "HypnoEars". He laughed and said that may work. And that was the day my earrings adopted the name HypnoEars.

No comments:

Post a Comment