Saturday, January 30, 2010

Getting down to Business

Now that I have the name. Its time to get down to business. I had already sold at least ten pair, and taken several pictures, so I was content with the progress that I had made in a short time.

One day I was on facebook, and one of my friends told me that he was in search of artists to promote on his blog my talk radio. So I immediately told my husband to call in and advertise himself as a comedian. So he called in later , spoke his piece and handed me the phone to promote my earrings. I stuttered through the entire show. I had no intentions of advertising, but Dennis and my husband encouraged me to at least try. Later on that night after the show ended, a lady by the name of Dreena contacted me about possibly marketing my earrings. At the time I was hesitant, but she encouraged me to at least get business cards, a blog, and secure my domain name.....so I did.

Within a weeks time I had created a logo, a business card, a banner for my studio on Artfire, and I had also set up a paypal account. And so ladies and gents, I thought I had done all that I was supposed to do, only to find out that I had to keep going......

No comments:

Post a Comment